Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Apologies...

This will be brief but I'm wondering is it ever to late to apologize? And is one apology enough? What does saying I'm sorry mean these days? Does it mean you won't do what you did anymore and that one "I'm sorry" is enough? Or does someone have to repeatedly apologize? But what if the person is continuing to apologize but still fucking up? And on the flip side the person who said I'm sorry once just shows he/she means it by living by his/her words and not fucking up anymore. What do you prefer? Shouldn't one sorry be enough? And even if you keep apologizing but don't do the behavior anymore, how long and how often do you have to apologize?

Just curious...

2 comments:

Tra said...

For me, I'd appreciate at least one apology...but after that, the actions should align with that apology. If someone apologizes to me for someting and then continues to keep making the same mistake, then its on me to make a decision whether to cut them off or not. My threshold for bullshit is real low nowadays so I don't know about second chances.

Pri said...

Wow! Good question. I don't think continuously apologizing is going to help that person decide if they are going to forgive. You can apologize forever and a person may still never forgive you. You taught me that an apology isn't necessary to heal and move forward so I think one apology is fine and it's up to that person to decide how they are going to handle themselves from there.