Monday, March 10, 2008

How Similar Must We Really Be???

We've all hit the BIG 3-0 and have fazed out our "closing down the club" days. I myself only club when there is something taking place there (some sort of party for a friend). My question is: At this point in your life, if you found a man that seemed "perfect" but he doesn't drink or go to clubs, would it be a "deal breaker" for you? Would the thought of having to ALWAYS go to social events alone be a turn off for you? Does his reaction to you going to stuff like this affect your decision (whether he's cool or nags)? Do you consider it a sign of immaturity for women of our age to still go to clubs? Is the club issue really a big issue? Is this difference to much to handle?

What do u think ladies....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I say this, if you want a serious relationship, you have got to get ya ass out the club all the damn time. I'm telling you no man wants a woman that's in the club all the time. As well as a woman doesn't want a man that's in the club all the time. But it is ten times worse if ya woman is holding it down in the club more than her man or any man.

I was just telling Pri, to tell her 18 year old cousin that if she wants a serious boyfriend or wants to be married later on she got to shut that clubbin down at about 22! LOL

When your a girl you can't be at everything. I know because I was a party girl when I hit DC and my man and men who weren't my man would be like, "Damn, you always int he club!" And Pri and I were always getting it from dudes about us holding down the club but we were like shit you here too so its whatever!

But seriously, I don't think its a big deal breaker if my man doesn't want to club alot or doesn't club at all. I'm now to a point where I don't party alot either so going to the club on occassion shouldn't be a big deal. You got to be able to let loose and have fun. And that may mean a ladies night out everyonce and awhile. I think the couple needs to decide how often is too often. Once a month, twice a month? But I think its something that could be worked on.

And another thing, who wants to be the old woman/man in the club kickin it like she's 21? Not I.

For me clubbin when something is going on or everyonce in awhile just cause I want to dance is one thing but at 30, you won't find me in the club on a daily (like you used too)! LOL

Pri said...

Not hitting the club definitely isn't a deal breaker for me because I don't go out like that anymore. I think we all need an outlet and would be worried if my beau didn't do anything to let his hair down, but the club should not be his preference for reducing stress. I don't look at clubbing as a sign of immaturity. The person who is in the club at 30+ just hasn't elevated their mind to anything else. At 21 you have nothing but time to club, but a 30 year old should have better things to do with their time than party.